Wednesday, December 15, 2010

"Ascend"

6 x 8"
oil on linen panel (Ray Mar)
Sold

First, I want to apologize for the quality of this photo.  It has a little more glare on it than I like.  The weather has not been cooperating in giving me the optimal painting photographing light. This image presented some real challenges.  The morning sun was casting that blue shadow onto the stones.  I also saw blue in the shadows of the yellow rose.  What I saw and what my brain was telling me I should be seeing where not the same.  Who to listen to?  It was a bit tricky.  Nice result, but I'll want to try a similar one to see if I can capture it with more ease.

Reference photo was taken on October 16.  It was that bright morning of rose photos.  I love how this one shows the steps leading down to the rose circle.  I also like seeing that cobalt blue shade. 

No comments: